SKRR Tank with new coil design and coil longevity. Stunning design with multiple color schemes. Feature full, draws compliments. Quality build and feel.
Slight flavor reduction from new coils. the graphic adhered on the back is prone to fraying and peeling where you pull to remove the battery cover on the lower back side of the mod.
The Vaporesso Luxe has become my go-to every day box mod. The device itself is beautiful and I have been pleasantly suprised coming from the Eleaf NOWOS 80W kit. The Eleaf NOWOS 80w is a nice simplistic device and perfect for beginners but it doesn’t have the feature list of the Luxe. The NOWOS just doesn’t compare to the Luxe when it comes to looks, features, the tank, or wattage. The Ello Duro from Eleaf isn’t a bad tank by any means, I just like the capacity of the SKRR which we are about to talk about and the longevity and durability of their coils.
SKRR Tank – New Coil Design
The Vaporesso Luxe comes with a brand new tank by Vaporesso called the Skrr. The Skrr utilizes new coils the QF series coils which house a completely new design. A .15 ohm mesh and .15 ohm strip coil are included in the starter kit. I really like that Vaporesso has tried to improve and move tank design forward and fix issues that have been plaguing the vaping community for many years. To prevent spit back, they essentially have a metal pipe running along the coil to draw air from the top. This accomplishes the goal, you never receive any spit back, but it does have a slight drawback. The flavor you receive from the coil is slightly muted. I have read other reviews which said it is a huge flavor loss, but after spending a month vaping on the coils and comparing to my other mods, it’s not that big of a loss in flavor. However, it is noticeable.
I purchased GT coils while purchasing the starter kit as I anticipated this issue and wanted to be prepared with an alternate coil. Unfortunately this was a premature move, I really actually enjoy the new coils and feel they are perfectly adequate. I don’t feel like anyone should rush out and grab GT coils, since they are compatible with the SKRR tank, but if you find the flavor lacking- pick yourself up a pack.
Wattage and Features
I set my Luxe at 70-72 watts which is perfect for my personal preferences. Vaporesso coils so far, in my opinion, are much better quality than Eleaf and last much much longer. I was getting a week or less on the Eleaf, whereas I can go as long as two to three weeks on my vaporesso mesh gt coils, as well as the new coils that came in the kit. Very impressive and saves me money.
There are lots of menus to adjust the Luxe to your preferences. These include temperature control, SP, stainless steel, and voltage. You also have two options for clock, and even haptic feedback should you need to do it. I have the screen timeout set pretty low and my haptic feedback turned off so my batteries last more than a day (2500 Samsung 18650’s Green). There is also a puff counter that I find useful. I’ve been exclusively vaping Killer Kustard by Vapetasia for the past several weeks and have been 100% satisfied with my Luxe. I plan on continuing to vape exclusively on my Luxe until a new mod grabs my attention.
This has been my most enjoyable starter kit purchase and looks absolutely stunning. Although the screen can attract the finger prints, a nice wipedown each night before bed keeps it looking fresh. I’d give the Vaporesso a 9.5 out of 10. I docked the starter kit have a point due to the flavor being slightly muted. I really look forward to seeing more box mod’s of this caliber from Vaporesso and I can see why the Luxe has become a huge hit.
Vaporesso LUXE 220W Box Mod Features:
- Dimensions – 146mm by 47.8mm by 30mm (Includes Tank)
- Dual 18650 High Amp Battery – Not Included
- Wattage Output Range: 5-220W
- Resistance Range: 0.03-5.0 Ohm
- Other Modes: Smart VW(H/N/S) / VT(SS, NI, TI) / CCT / CCW / VV / CCV
- BYPASS Mode
- TCR Adjustment – 2 Memory Modes
- Super Player Mode – Broad Tank Resistance ID
- OMNI Board 4.0 Chipset – 0.001s Insta-Fire
- 2.0″ TFT Full Color Display
- Large Side Fire Button Operation
- Vibration-Enabled Adjustment Buttons
- Bottom-Loaded Magnetized Battery Cover
- Short Circuit Protection
- Burn Protection
- No Load Protection
- Overtime Protection
- Low Resistance Protection
- Low Power Protection
- Overcharge Protection
- ESD Circuit Protection
- Pass Through Protection
- MicroUSB Port – 2.5A Max Charge
- Centered 510 Stainless Steel Connection
- Available in Silver, Black, Red, Blue Iris, Green Ape, Bronze Rainbow
Vaporesso SKRR Sub-Ohm Tank:
- 30mm Diameter At Widest Point
- 8mL Max Juice Capacity
- Superior Stainlesss Steel Construction
- Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Quadflow QF Air Distribution System
- Vaporesso QF Coil System – Flax & Cotton Wicks
- 0.15ohm QF Meshed – Rated for 55-85W
- 0.15ohm QF Strip – Rated for 60-90W
- Vaporesso GT Coil Compatible
- Quad Trapezoid-Shaped Airflow Control
- Slide-n-Fill Design – Convenient Top-Fill
- Resin Widebore Drip Tip
- 510 Connection
- Available in Green, Red, Black, Blue, Stainless, Gold, Rainbow, Champagne Gold
- 1 LUXE 220W Mod
- 1 SKRR Sub-Ohm Tank
- 1 0.15ohm QF Meshed
- 1 0.15ohm QF Strip
- 1 Silicone Case
- 1 MicroUSB Cable
- 1 Spare O-Rings
- 1 User Guide
- 1 Warranty Card